Rules for “Putting To”
- When ”putting to” you must ensure you have an assistant who is capable of controlling your animal.
- All the harness, including the reins, must be on the animal before “putting to” the vehicle.
- Always bring the vehicle to the animal – never back the animal to the vehicle.
- Fasten traces first, back strap if left undone, and then breeching straps.
- When removing from the vehicle, someone must always be at the head of the animal whilst the harness is undone in the opposite way to ‘putting to’.
Reins and bridle must never be taken off whilst the animal is in the vehicle.
Equines must not be left tied to the side of a horsebox or trailer whilst being “put to”.